At the first meeting of this term of Council’s on 27th September, 2016, I was appointed to the following committees:
- Civics and Citizenship committee
- Heritage Advisory committee
- WSROC (Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils) — appointed as a Director.
- Hawkesbury Sister Cities committee (2016-2017 only)
At the meeting held on October 11, 2016 a preferential ballot was held to elect the Council’s delegates to the Hawkesbury River County Council. I am pleased to say I was elected as one of Council’s two delegates for the four year term.
Other committee and working group membership:
- Hawkesbury Regional Traffic Study Group (2017)
- Working group to draft the charter for a Council Committee on Infrastructure (appointed May 2017)
At a meeting of Council in October 2017, I was appointed to the following newly created committee:
In October 2018, I was elected by my fellow Councillors to the role of Deputy Chair of the Hawkesbury River County Council.
In October 2019, I was honoured to be unanimously elected the Chair of the Hawkesbury River County Council for the 2019-2020 year.
After the deferral of local government elections until in September 2021, I was elected to a second term as Chairman of the HRCC with the unanimous support of the Board members representing four Council areas.
In February 2021, after a substantial reform of Council’s committee structures, I was elected to the following new or reconstituted committees:
- Environment Committee
- Innovation and Partnerships Committee
- Disaster and Emergency Committee
My role with the Heritage Committee is ongoing, after I fought specifically to preserve that committee’s functions and membership.